Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – Halcyon House, Dunwoody, GA
Provide skilled professional nursing care to patient/family/caregiver as directed by the supervising Case Manager or the Patient Care Manager and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with Halcyon’s policies and procedures. Provide timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care. Identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Work closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure all patient and family care needs are being met. Adhere to Company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
Examples of duties include but are not limited to:
- Implement nursing plan of care as directed by the interdisciplinary team and Patient Care Manager
- Provide professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process as directed by the plan of care.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Responsible for checking and ordering medications.
- Assess and provide patient/family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
- Participate in coordination of Hospice services, appropriately communicating and reporting the need for Hospice interdisciplinary team members (e.g., HCA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietitian) to the Case Manager or Patient Care Manager.
- LPN or LVN licensed in the state where program is located.
- Graduate of accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
- Minimum of one-year general nursing experience preferred. Community health/Hospice or medical/surgical experience preferred.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy and needs of terminally ill.
1,517 total views, 1 today